Have you forgotten it’s Valentine’s Day tomorrow?
Think Valentine’s Day and expensive dinners, roses, gifts and indulgences are what come to mind. While these options are always open, some may want to break the routine and plan something truly romantic…. Claiming to be spontaneous is useful if you have forgotten that in the morning it’s Valentine’s day!
Plan a romantic Treat
Instead of spending time shopping for gifts for each other and making arrangements, perhaps it may be a good idea to plan on spending quality time with each other. A relaxed day at home can be truly romantic and relaxing, especially if you have a hectic life. Keep the day clear of all distractions and be there just for each other.
Stay in bed the whole day, order an online food shop or takeaway and snuggle up TV or listen to romantic music. Better still become a masseuse prepare to pamper your loved one. If you not keen on spending all your time at home perhaps you can treat your partner to dinner at their favourite restaurant. Surprise your partner by going back to the place of your first date and recreate the magic.
If you want to escape for a romantic Valentine’s break, but you are on a tight budget, you can plan a getaway to a spa or boutique hotel near your area. Use the internet for ideas and special offers. At Okayzions, we often post promotional offers on goods and services, and it may be useful to sign up to discount sites to see what they have on offer.
Our links to buy the gifts recommended.
If you planning on buying a gift then we have put together a selection of 16 gift ideas. All the prices recorded on our product reviews were correct at the time but may vary due to seasonal promotions or price matching.
- Placing a ring on your Valentine’s finger must be the most romantic gesture of all the gifts that can be given for Valentine’s Day. We have two very well regarded jewellers who offer affordable, high-quality rings. buy from Sheena Shona and Golden Prism
- We have found lovely lingerie collections in 3 of our affiliate shops. They are Debenhams, John Lewis and Marks & Spencers
- If you love being pampered then stay at home and buy a massage aid and oils from The Body Shop. You will feel totally relaxed and it won’t a fortune.
- Want a totally different experience, then buy a gift voucher from Red Letter Day. There are so many different experiences and the best part is that your gift vouchers last for 12 months.
- Chocolates are always a favourite and difficult to get wrong, providing your Valentine is not weight conscious. We adore the Hotel Chocolat range and you can buy them from John Lewis priced £10.00.
- Romantic Hotel break. We have 5 companies who offer lots of good quality breaks. However, in the way of romance our favourite would be the beautiful Celtic Manor in Wales.
- Pop concert, theatre, West End show? Buy your tickets or gift voucher from Ticketmaster. They even have a platinum option if you really want to pamper!
- A personalised gift really shows that you are thinking about your Valentine. We love the jewellery from Argento and SheenaShona.
- Love cooking. Marks & Spencers, Waitrose and Edelices all offer inspiration as well as top quality food and online delivery.
- Fragrances are always the perfect gift to really make your Valentine feel special. We have great offers through our affiliates John Lewis, Debenhams, and Fragrance Direct.
- Indulge with a luxury hamper from Fortnum & Masons for £130.00. It will certainly make your Valentine feel very special.
- As a couple do you always eat out or go to the cinema? Then a membership to the Gourmet Society is the gift for your Valentine.
- Flowers are never stale. Buy yours fresh from our top affiliates, Waitrose Flowers, Marks & Spencers, Inter rose, Flowers Direct,
- There is a really cute range of mugs from Debenhams. Every time your Valentine has a cuppa they can have warm thought about you. Priced from £8 – £16.00
- Warm feet, warm heart! Keep your Valentine happy this Winter with a really cute set of socks from John Lewis priced £20.